slurpie make me burpie



I concur, are they making today a public holiday? Is it celebrated the same day in N.S.W. as it is in the Northern territory? shit yeah! Its B.Y.O cup day! Today is the day customers run wild in the store, the day the brand is handed over to the consumer. Do what you want with it. Express yourself through our brand. Genius.

Last week, when walking in a daze through the fluorescent haze of the never sleep store, I misconstrued one of the B.Y.O. Cup Day posters as having a bong on it. So for me the dream vessel would be a bong, but I don’t smoke weed so didn’t have one in the cupboard. I got on the band wagon pretty late in the day after seeing a bit of buzz on twitter. Yes, this is user generated content, which becomes branded content, which is all a bit evil - but look at the joy it brings to people’s faces?

I discovered a teenie weenie little cup and thought, yeah I’d like to pay $2.90 for hardly any slurpie - just as an exercise in rules themselves. So I got my cup, trundled along and approached like a moth to the Severs. On my way, I passed a couple exiting the store, both with slurpie in store provided cups and being the smarmster I am commented “Not very creative...”

I asked the store attendant if he would help me take some photos while I made a slurpie, he obliged and we did a little photoshoot. Then I went up to pay and he was laughing at me and said, “you want to pay for a little cup of slurpie?” and I said yes! But he said through giggles “no no, I can’t take your money”. So I said okay. Then I quizzed him a little about the day’s proceedings. I asked, was mine his favourite cup? And he said yes, but that he had caught 2 guys filling up a cardboard box earlier in the day.

I told him, maybe next year I would try one of the seven eleven coffee cups as my cup.






0 comments:

Post a Comment