good ads

Some of you may remember this time last year when I applied for AWARD School (Australian Writers & Art Directors Association). I didn’t get in, and I thought it was the end of the world. I am applying again, but I don’t think it’s the end of the world if I don’t get in, and sometimes its good to see things fail.

One of the questions asks you to find a good print ad and describe in less then 50 words why you like it. Here are two that I have drafted. Which do you prefer? Please comment!

1. Yarrah Bio.


It was a natural reflex for the dog to lick the Talent’s face.

In doing so, it demonstrates the simple line of copy.

It simultaneously participates in a staged event, without even knowing.

The Ads capture the essence of it’s stereotype brilliantly and celebrate the consumer who purchases this product.

2. Maccas A.M. P.M.



You are instantly aware one side is a good version and one side is a bad version.
But the differences are very subtle.
It’s targeted audience become engaged with the Ad as they are both flattered by the authenticity and also disarmed by the brand’s exotic campaign style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment